Cypress, CALIF. (June 20, 2016) – For the latest installment of the Vans Sk8-Hi offering, Vans teams up again with a group of ambassadors to present the cultural range that defines the SK8-Hi’s storied history and the progressive nature of its diverse design. Vans joins international model Natalie Westling, legendary punk rock icon Henry Rollins, Grammy-nominated performer Syd Tha Kyd, acclaimed surf team rider Dane Reynolds, hip-hop artist J-Fever, Vans skate team rider Lizzie Armanto and distinguished artist and animator Jay Howell to showcase the fall 2016 product offering.
Each respective ambassador wears the Sk8-Hi because it empowers them to perform and defines their personal style:
- Showcasing her off-duty style, Natalie Westling changes it up this season and shows how to style the Classic Sk8-Hi and previews new models made exclusively for women, the Sk8-Hi Decon and Sk8-Hi Slim both with cutout detailing.
- Henry Rollins returns this season and revisits Vans heritage by wearing the Original Sk8-Hi model, the same pair he once wore when he graced the stage as the front man for Black Flag.
- Vans caught up with Grammy nominated artist Syd Tha Kyd just before her headlining tour this year. The neo-soul singer can be found backstage warming up in the Italian Weave Sk8-Hi Slim.
- Known around the world for being one of the most enigmatic freesurfers, Dane Reynolds champions his unparalleled ability to maneuver international waters making him a top contender amongst the competitive surf set. In his downtime, Reynolds plays the voice to his charismatic dog, @PamLovesFerrariBoys and enjoys exploring creative formats such as painting and short films. Dane sports a new two-tone Sk8-Hi Reissue that is a nod to Vans’ heritage in custom design.
- Born and bred in Beijing, J-Fever is an award winning hip-hop artist and MC that is credited for bringing hip-hop culture to the forefront in the China. J-Fever eloquently mixes hip-hop and jazz with mainstream Chinese pop-culture to make a sound that is all his own. On a recent trip to Los Angeles, Vans captures J-Fever’s clean style in a new varsity inspired Sk8-Hi Reissue.
- Follow Vans skate team rider, Lizzie Armanto’s adventurous spirit on a trip to find prime skate spots in overlooked places. Armanto is able to mix up her unique style with her intense speed and power for skateboarding. Catch Armanto skating in a new pair of Vintage Suede Sk8-Hi Slims that are just for the ladies.
- Step into the mind of Los Angeles-based artist Jay Howell and his loyal companion, Street Dog, as they bring life to a bevy of dogs and classic Sk8-Hi’s!
The Sk8-Hi has withstood the test of time and encompasses Vans’ brand pillars of action sports, art, music and street culture earning a reputation of a style that enables creative expression. Shop the extended offering of Vans Sk8-Hi’s in-stores and online now at vans.com/sk8hi.
#Sk8Hi / #Since66
Vans®, a VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) brand, is the original action sports footwear, apparel and accessories brand. Vans authentic collections are sold globally in more than 75 countries through a network of subsidiaries, distributors and international offices. Vans also owns and operates nearly 600 retail locations around the world. The Vans brand promotes the action sports lifestyle, youth culture and creative self-expression through the support of athletes, musicians and artists and through progressive events and platforms such as the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing®, the Vans U.S. Open of Surfing, Vans Pool Party, Vans Custom Culture, Vans Warped Tour®, and Vans’ cultural hub and international music venue, the House of Vans.
Vans, “Off The Wall” Since ’66